Energy and Environment
New Mexico prides itself in its pristine land, natural beauty and world-class energy resources. As a twelfth generation New Mexican, my deep-rooted values in our state have taught me to appreciate our natural resources and protect our clean air, water and land.
New Mexico is in the middle of a climate crisis. Our drought conditions remain the worst in the nation, and we’ve experienced some of the most costly and destructive wildfires in history. We have an obligation to act on behalf of future generations of New Mexicans and Americans to reduce our carbon footprint and lay the foundation for a cleaner energy future. Congress should invest in projects that are good for the environment and good for the economy, such as clean energy, green manufacturing and mass transit. As the home to Sandia and Los Alamos National Laboratories, New Mexico is unique in that our state has the potential to become the nationwide leader in developing clean energy technologies. I am determined to champion the development of clean energy technologies to protect our citizens and preserve the planet for generations to come.
- Water Resources Development Act of 2013
- LWCF and Valle De Oro National Wildlife Project
- Eastern NM Water Pipeline
- Rehabilitation proposal for The De Anza Motor Lodge
- NM Drought Concerns Letter
- ABQ Water system improvement management letter
- Formulate and execute an initiative to commemprate the National Park centennial
- FINAL Wild and Scenic River FY14
- Final NOAA Ocean Observation
- State and Wildlife Grants FY2014